Fish Taco Bowls
Health comes sometimes to our minds especially after big feasts as Xmas and the new year. Fish is of course very healthy food and should be eaten at least twice a week. But that is not enough, we also have to think about what we serve with the fish. Vegetables are very good for that purpose. Therefor we recommend this very healthy recipe for your next dinner.
- 2 corn on cob, cooked, kernels cut from cob
- 2 cups cooked brown rice (I added the juice of a fresh lime + chopped cilantro leaves to the rice)
- 2 Tbsps avocado oil or olive oil or coconut oil
- 4, 4-5 oz skinless, cod or halibut filets
- 6 cups mixed baby greens
- 1/2 cup prepared black beans, rinsed well if using canned
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 red cabbage sliced very thin
- 1 red pepper, sliced (I roasted mine)
- 1 cup grape, or cherry tomatoes, sliced
- Fresh lime wedges, and fresh cilantro to serve
Heat oil in a large frying pan over med/high heat, pat dry fish with paper towel, then season with a pinch of sea salt & pepper.
Cook fish for about 4-5 minutes per side, until flakes easily. Cover tightly or wrap in foil while assembling the salads.
Divide all ingredients evenly between 4 large bowls, adding warm fish last.
Ingredients for Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette:
2 Tbsp per person is one serving.
1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
2 cloves garlic, peeled
1 tsp minced fresh ginger
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1/3 cup raw honey
2 tsps balsamic vinegar
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup cilantro leaves, packed
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Pulse the jalapeno pepper, garlic clove, and ginger into a food processor or blender for a few minutes.
Pour in lime juice, honey, balsamic vinegar, & sea salt, add the cilantro. Pulse a few more times to thoroughly blend.
With the food processor or blender on, drizzle in the oil until incorporated.
Lasts 1 week, refrigerated in a sealed jar.
Bacalhau is a very favorited dish in Portugal. It is salted cod, preferably from Iceland, since we in Iceland have got the best fish in the ...
‘This all worked out very well. The Russian crew were quick to get to grips with the fishing gear. My role was to assist in familiarising ...