The season of cod fishing in Iceland is near its end and the cod given good time for spawning during the Easter. Cod is abundant therefor we recommend a good meal of fresh cod from the pristine waters around Iceland. Fresher and better raw material is hard to find. This recipe is simple to prepare and the outcome is mouth watering meal for all family members. Simply a fabulous fish.
- 1 lb cod fillets
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed and minced
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, lightly chopped
- sea salt
- Sweet Hungarian Paprika
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Get out a 9×13 glass baking dish.
- Rinse the cod fillets under cool water and place in the baking dish. Drizzle with lemon juice and olive oil. Then sprinkle with garlic, thyme, salt, pepper and paprika. Try to divide the seasonings as equally as possible between the fish.
- Bake for 13-17 minutes until the flesh is opaque in colour. Serve with rice, spooning the juices from the pan over the fish and rice.
- Serve with own choice of fresh salad.
Cod may be difficult to some ones. Specially to the fishermen who have to provide the fish often under harsh conditions and to the people th...
Celebrating the fantastic fish and shellfish available to be enjoyed by diners all over the UK, the 2019 Seafood Restaurant of the Year Comp...