Coconut-crumbed fish with sweet chilli slaw
We keep urging our readers to eat more fish for all the benefits it gives us. It is healthy, nutritious and tastes good. Fish can be prepared in million ways so one should never get bored of eating too much fish. It just a question variety in species and cooking. We found this nice and simple recipe at bbcgoodfood.com
Coated in coconut, then pan fried, this crisp fish dish makes a speedy fish supper for two. Serve with a refreshing lettuce and cucumber salad laced with sweet chilli
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 2 Little Gem lettuces, finely chopped
- ½ cucumber, sliced into half moons
- 6 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- 2 sustainably sourced cod fillets, or other firm white fish, such as haddock
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise and sweet chilli sauce. Add the lettuce and cucumber, toss through and set aside.
- Mix the coconut and flour together on a plate. Dip the fish fillets into the beaten egg, then into the coconut-flour mixture to coat. Heat the oil in a frying pan until very hot, then add the fish and fry for 3-4 mins on each side until cooked through. Serve with the salad and lime wedges.
‘We took delivery of some mackerel last week, mixed with herring, and we have tuned all of the machines. Yesterday we had a landing of 600...
The total catch of Icelandic vessels in June was 47.227 tonnes, a 11% decrease from June 2017. Demersal catch was just over 32 thousand tonn...